Saturday, December 29, 2007

Top 10 Baby Names

So the results are in and some baby website has released its lists of the top 10 baby names for boys and girls. And here they are from 1 to 10, reproduced without permission and frankly, to the BabyCenter, if you care? Fuck you.

Top 10 Girl Names
1. Sophia
2. Isabella
3. Emma
4. Madison
5. Ava
6. Addison
7. Hailey
8. Emily
9. Kaitlyn
10. Olivia

Top 10 Boy Names
1. Aiden
2. Ethan
3. Jacob
4. Jayden
5. Caleb
6. Noah
7. Jackson
8. Jack
9. Logan
10. Matthew

I'm not surprised at some of them. 10 and 9 are Matthew and Logan, which is the first two names of my nephew. I know someone who has a Jayden...I think. Jacob's a popular name.

I'm mostly concerned about the girls' names. Olivia? Sophia? I have NEVER met a Sophia. They don't even have Elisabeth?

Noah is number 6 for boys. I was friends with a Noah in high school. One day before school started I ran into a guy who looked like him and after trying to talk to him found out that it was someone else. It was weird because this guy looked EXACTLY like him except more punkish. It was like being friends with someone and then meeting his evil twin. Like a soap opera, except he wasn't carrying my baby. I REALLY need to get out of my head.

Anyway, I have also never, EVER met an Aiden. I'm pretty sure I haven't because I'm certain I'd remember some crazy shit like that. And I'm to believe that Aiden has been the number 1 baby name for 3 years? I call bullshit.

2 comments:

Paper said...

Huh, some may be a tad generic, But I actually like some of those. And I have to agree, for the top 10 of each, I have never even heard of some of those names till now.

Anonymous said...

Just cause you never have met people with those names doesn't mean its complete BS.