Friday, August 22, 2008

Today's Challenge: This Banner Ad


So I saw this ad. My first though was "oh, it's another free MMORPG advertised with anime characters that aren't in the game." My second thought was "wait...GOLF?"

No, I don't know why they're advertising an online golf game using anime characters, much less what would seem to be a nubian and a teenage Oliver Twist. (Two demographics I've always associated with golf are the africans and 1830's street urchins, but to be fair, I'm schizophrenic.) I don't even know why they're advertising an online golf game at all. Honestly, I don't even know why they made an online golf game.

But that's not what's important right now. What's important is it's bullshit. While the game itself is free, you have to buy "campuscash," the online money of GamesCampus, the site that hosts the game, to do anything with it. Also, by all accounts (looking at all handful of screenshots) the game sucks.

What's also important is this particular blurb.


Just like we all wish cigarettes were...

No comments: